A number of people have contacted me with a request for the slides for my presentation at the Geography Association Conference – so here they are:
- Scree cuddling at Gordale, Yorkshire Dales
- Erratic Rolling at Gordale, Yorkshire Dales
- Greek snorkelling at Malham, Yorkshire Dales
- Limestone song at Malham, Yorkshire Dales
The different beers used to introduce the slides included:
- ‘Proper Job’ to represent my fieldwork ‘history’
- ‘Wainwright’s Golden Ale’ to represent field week in the Lake District (and Yorkshire Dales)
- ‘Exmoor Gold’ to represent field weeks on Lundy Island, north Devon
- ‘Amigos Tequila Beer’ to represent the Amigos charity and trip to Uganda
- ‘Unicorn Ale’ to match my Twitter handle, and to represent my offering of an emotional mapping exercise – outlined in an earlier blog on this site.
I intended to use a beer called ‘Black Sheep’ for the Yorkshire Dales slides – but it did not survive Thursday evening in my hotel room …….
All of the Teachmeet presentations can be found on You Tube link below:
My presentation begins at 1:10:15
Thanks once more to all of the people who offered kind feedback from the Teachmeet and the workshop session ‘Addicted to Maps’